Lough Lannagh Pet Policy
No one wants to leave a member of the family behind when heading off on holiday. At Lough Lannagh Village Castlebar, we are pet friendly, so now you don’t have to worry about leaving your cat or dog in the kennels. Read More about our Per Policy for Lough Lannagh below:
- Pets are welcome by prior arrangement with management.
- Pets can stay at Lough Lannagh Caravan Park and Lough Lannagh Cottages.
- Pets cannot stay or come into Lough Lannagh Lodge.
- Registered guide and support dogs however are welcome in all areas.
Pet friendly Conditions
We do allow pets and have a policy for owners stated in simple terms:
- Only socially friendly pets welcome: to other humans and to other pets.
- We do not allow dogs that are vicious; and/or that are excessive barkers (although we do understand that dogs bark from time to time); and/or that are ‘dangerous dogs’ as defined in the control of dogs acts.
- Pets to bring own beds, bedding and towelling. Sofas and beds are strictly for human use only.
- Owners are responsible for all pet mess, around the house as well as around Lough Lannagh Holiday Village and lake.
- Pets cannot to be left by themselves under any circumstances. Inside or outside the house.
- Pets are not allowed into bedrooms.
- Owners are responsible for all damage caused by pets, either by teeth, claws, bad potty training or territorial markings.
- Pets are not allowed to do any gardening, replanting or composting.
- All hair left behind by pets is the sole responsibility of the pet owner, and should be dealt with before departure.
We are Pet Friendly approved by Failte Ireland for Lough Lannagh Caravan Park and Lough Lannagh Cottages. We comply to the following Pet Category Guidelines:
- There is a secure fenced in area which is suitable for pets behind Bilberry cottage.
- We can provide an emergency pet bed for you
- We can provide an emergency accessories (eg. Dog lead, nappy bags, bowl & food)
- We can provide you with information on local veterinary & boarding kennel facilities.
Please note and remember the following:
- Remember do not leave pets unattended in the property.
- The pet should be exercised regularly outdoor, and be in full control of the owner.
- All pets to be kept on a lead when outdoors, within the boundaries of the property.
- Pets maybe prohibited at certain times of the year.
- There are restrictions on some breeds and on some animals, please ask prior to making reservation.
- If you take a pet with you, it is not allowed on beds or furniture, or in any shared facilities. Eg. Macalla Hall, The Tennis court.